This week’s Diva Challenge is to take a tile from the past and make it over.
The original tile I chose is from February, 2014. I keep my tiles in a loose leaf binder so I just flipped to one page and chose from the tiles on that page. In the beginning years I did not use color at all.
Here is my original tile, which was done on an official tile using a Micron, graphite pencil and tortillion.
This is my make-over tile, which is done using Bristol paper. I was going to color it and then decided that it would be easier for me to compare the two tiles if they were both done with black ink on a white tile. I decided to use Ditto instead of B’Tweed for the middle tangle.
Comparing the two tiles I noticed that I still like simpler string patterns that divide the tile into three or four sections and that I now draw my tangles larger than I did when I was beginning my tangle journey. I wonder what changes will happen in the next four years. Time will tell…. 🙂
Be sure to check out Laura’s blog to see how others have responded to this week’s challenge. I hope that you find these tiles as inspiring and educational as I do. I always learn something from those who post their tiles. Thank you to all of you. 🙂
And thank you to all who viewed my new book, Tips for Tangling, on Amazon. com 🙂 and a huge THANK YOU to those who purchased a copy.
Until next time,
4 Responses to Time for a Make-Over….